Whatsapp For Mac Desktop
How can I make WhatsApp video calls on my desktop? Do I need to use the WhatsApp web or its desktop app?
WhatsApp is one of the biggest social apps of the present time, with over 1.5 billion active users. Nevertheless, there are times when users struggle to do the simplest of tasks with it.
For instance, while making calls on the WhatsApp iOS/Android app is pretty easy, doing the same on a desktop can be a tedious job.
Thankfully, there is a smart solution to make video calls on WhatsApp desktop. In this guide, I will answer this common query about the WhatsApp desktop video call feature and will also tell you how to video call on WhatsApp desktop like a pro!
The standout feature of WhatsApp web is that it works right away on your PC or Mac, without the need to download WhatsApp messenger software to your computer. The drawback is that you still need a smartphone with an active WhatsApp Account, in order to use WhatsApp Web on your Windows computer or MacBook.
How to Make WhatsApp Videos Calls on Mac or Windows PC?
Since you can’t use the WhatsApp web or the desktop application to make video calls, you need to use a device emulator. There are several free Android emulators in the market that you can try to make WhatsApp video calls on desktop.
BlueStacks is the most popular emulator, let’s consider it in this guide. You can easily download BlueStacks on your Windows or Mac system and emulate your Android device. It will allow you to run WhatsApp in its original form on your computer, and you can access the calling feature as well.
- Download the application on your Mac or Windows PC. Once the setup file is downloaded, launch it, and click on the “Install Now” button. You can customize the installation process if you want to before agreeing to its terms and conditions.
- Please wait for a few minutes as the BlueStacks installer would extract all the needed files from its server and install the application. When the installation is completed, you will be notified.
- After finishing the setup, launch the BlueStacks desktop application on your Mac or Windows PC. Initially, it might take a while for the app to complete the process. You would need to enter your Google account credentials (linked to your device) to proceed.
- Now, BlueStacks will connect your Google account and would try to fetch all the app-related details. Once the app is launched, go to the search bar (or Play Store) and look for WhatsApp.
- As you would get the WhatsApp details on the screen, click on the “Install” button, and agree to the terms and conditions.
- In no time, WhatsApp will be installed on your BlueStacks account and will be displayed on its home. Launch it and perform its initial setup while entering the same phone number linked to your account.
- That’s it! You can now access your WhatsApp on your Mac or Windows PC. Although your contacts would automatically be retrieved here, you can even manually add new contacts.
- Now, go to the contact you wish to chat with and tap on the video calling button. Grant the application access to your desktop’s camera and microphone to start the video chat.
To learn more about how to make video calls on WhatsApp desktop, follow this video:
Free Download Whatsapp For Mac Desktop
More to Read:
- Whatsapp has announced the release of the official Whatsapp deskptop software for Mac and Windows PC. Like WhatsApp Web, the desktop app is simply an extension of your phone: the app mirrors conversations and messages from your mobile device. The new desktop app is available for Windows 8+ and Mac OS 10.9+ and is synced with WhatsApp on your mobile device.
- WhatsApp for Desktop is a great and reliable way to extend the service to a laptop or computer. However, I think there are some features that could be added in order to utilise the application more effectively for a Mac. For example, a three finger tap on a chat can be used as a preview shortcut like 3D Touch on iOS.
- WhatsApp Desktop 0.4.2081 Free Download For mac pc.
- WhatsApp is the desktop client for WhatsApp Messenger, a cross-platform mobile messaging app which allows you to exchange messages without having to pay for SMS. WhatsApp Messenger is available for iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, Windows Phone, and Nokia and yes, those phones can all message each other!
Pro Tip: Backup WhatsApp Chats to Your Computer
A lot of users complain of losing their WhatsApp data due to various circumstances. If you don’t want to suffer from the same fate, then take a backup of your WhatsApp data to your computer using MobileTrans - WhatsApp Transfer.
With one click, you can take an extensive backup of your data on the system. This would include WhatsApp conversations, contacts, exchanged media like photos, videos, stickers, documents, and so much more. Later, you can preview the backup content and even restore it to the same or any other device.
- Apart from that, the application can also be used to transfer WhatsApp data from one device to another directly.
- It even supports the transfer of WhatsApp chats between Android and iPhone too. It is fully compatible with all the latest iPhone and Android models.
- Furthermore, it can also help you backup and restore several other social apps like Kik, WeChat, Viber, and LINE.
- Since the application is so easy to use, no prior technical knowledge is needed to work on it. Connect your device, launch the application, and backup your WhatsApp data – yes, it is as easy as that!
Canon printer drivers windows 8. Now when you know a stepwise solution to make WhatsApp video calls on desktops, you can easily meet your requirements. As you can see, making video calls on WhatsApp desktop is not as easy as accessing its chats or attachments. If you want to access WhatsApp on your desktop, then try the web version of the app. Though, if you have to make WhatsApp desktop video calls on Mac/Windows, then consider using an emulator like BlueStacks. Go ahead and try this solution and share this guide with others to teach them how to video call on WhatsApp desktop as well!
- Trending on WhatsApp
Started in 2009 by Jan Koum and Brian Acton, WhatsApp has taken the world by storm. A widely popular instant messaging service, it boasted over 400 million users by the time Facebook acquired it in 2014 for 19 billion dollars — the highest price paid for any startup up until then.
Today, WhatsApp has over 1.5 billion users and is the most popular messaging app in the world. It supports text messages, images, calls, video, voice notes, group conversations, and much more. The key to WhatsApp's popularity is its ubiquitous availability on any device, whether it's iPhone, Android, Windows, web, and even Nokia.
Upgrade the way you chat on Mac
Your computer can have every messenger — including those you use exclusively on mobile. Get Setapp and make it real.
For a long time, however, people have been confused whether there's a WhatsApp Mac app or not. Read on as we clarify this issue below alongside some tips and tricks for making the most out of your WhatsApp-heavy day.
Is There A WhatsApp Desktop Mac App?
Yes, of course, there is. Facebook released the official WhatsApp Mac app back in 2016 when the service was already hugely popular worldwide. Perhaps it's the app's absence from macOS between 2009 and 2016 that has contributed to the widespread conviction of not being able to download WhatsApp for Mac.
Anyway, to install WhatsApp on your Mac right now:
- Go to WhatsApp official website
- Navigate to the Download tab
- Click download WhatsApp for Mac
- Open the file from the Downloads folder and move the icon into Applications
- Follow the instructions to read the QR code with your smartphone
- You're in!
WhatsApp Desktop Mac app is also available through the official App Store, with all the installation steps being largely the same.
Another way to use WhatsApp on Mac is through the browser. To do that, just navigate to the WhatsApp Web tab on the official WhatsApp website and repeat the steps above once again. WhatsApp for MacBook and web are very similar in their functionality and allow you to send messages, post Statuses, and share attachments. Sadly both versions are somewhat limited, so WhatsApp video call on Mac and web aren't possible as of early 2019.
Whatsapp Windows 10 Download Install
Another major drawback of WhatsApp for Mac is its inability to add new contacts. As the WhatsApp desktop Mac version is designed to be just simply complementary to your smartphone, and the main user ID is your phone number, you need to have all your contacts saved in your phone before you can start conversations on the WhatsApp Mac app.
Try a better WhatsApp for Mac client
Overall, the default WhatsApp desktop Mac client is not great and feels rather unfinished compared to its full-featured iOS counterpart. The good news is you don't have to use the official WhatsApp Mac app, as the company allows any third-party developer to build their own ideal version.
ChatMate for WhatsApp is a brilliant alternative to the default WhatsApp for MacBook. Similarly constrained in terms of adding new users, it manages to compensate beautifully with forward-thinking features, such as Stealth Mode, that respect your privacy.
Briefly, Stealth Mode turns on a transparency layer and makes the app increasingly see-through, which hides your messages from prying eyes. You can also set your messages to only be shown upon a cursor hover. And on top of that, ChatMate for WhatsApp supports Touch ID and can automatically lock the app after a certain time interval.
To turn on Stealth Mode:
- Launch ChatMate for WhatsApp
- Navigate to Preferences and then Privacy
- Toggle Stealth Mode to On and adjust transparency to the desired level
- Optionally check 'Show chat content only on mouse over'
Whatsapp Mac Desktop Dark Mode
In addition to valuing your privacy, ChatMate for WhatsApp includes a Do Not Disturb mode that mutes notifications when turned on as well as a Dark Mode to ease eye strain, especially if you find yourself using the app a lot at night.
So if you're really keen to use WhatsApp for Mac, ChatMate is a much better choice. Unless WhatsApp is just one of many instant messaging services you're logged into. Then, a messaging aggregator might do the trick.
Consolidate all messaging services into one
Using WhatsApp Mac app wouldn't really be a problem if it would be the only messaging app you needed. But in the time when you're getting constantly pinged from the likes of Slack, Facebook Messenger, Instagram, and Twitter, maintaining separate applications for each service can become a serious drag.
All messengers in one app
Save time switching between WhatsApp and other chats with IM+, a simple messenger aggregator for Mac.
That's exactly where using IM+ can make your life so much more sane. IM+ is a messaging aggregator, letting you combine 18 different messaging services — some even more than once — into a single intuitive app. Through IM+ all services still retain their full functionality, with support for messages, images, and videos.
One of the best differentiating IM+ features is the ability to tag services or accounts as Work or Home, and then easily switch between them so that even with all the messaging services in one you can still maintain your work-life balance.
Be more productive by limiting social media use
When seemingly every app makes constant demands for our attention, it can be hard to concentrate on what actually pays the bills. A five-minute chat with a friend on Facebook, a quick Skype call with mom, a funny GIF on Slack — they all add up to hours of wasted time every day. It's likely that you don't even notice how much time you spend on social media. Because if you'd track it, you'd be horrified.
Timing is an automatic time and productivity tracker. It works mostly in the background by observing which apps you use and how much time you spend in them. Timing then prepares daily reports that provide a clear reflection on your day and even gives you a productivity score.
You can use Timing for your work too, by creating projects and manually adding tasks to them. That can be done in several ways:
- After running Timing in the background for a day, take a look at the Applications and Projects & Tasks panes, and see whether your tasks have been assigned properly so far
- If you want to create a new project, simply toggle the Project List by clicking an icon in the top-left corner and press the plus icon
- Give it a name and Save Project
- To re-assign any task to the correct project simply drag and drop it onto the appropriate name on the list
You can fine-tune Timing even further in Preferences. For example, specify what time the day starts and ends, and whether to track productivity on weekends. In addition, you have the option to integrate your calendar right into Timing, so that you see all the upcoming events right in the app's timeline.
In the end, if you need to use WhatsApp on Mac as your primary communication tool, download a more flexible ChatMate client to make your experience better. Although neither of them offer WhatsApp desktop video calls, so you have to choose another messaging service for that. And if you find yourself constantly switching between different messengers, unite them all under IM+ to avoid mental fatigue. Finally, keep yourself on a productive track by monitoring how much time you spend on all the social apps through Timing and make sure to course-correct when things get out of hand.
Best of all, the apps mentioned above are available to you on a free trial through Setapp, a platform of over 150 useful apps and utilities that strive to improve your Mac experience. Become a Setapp Member and get unlimited access to them all. Now, that's productivity worth mentioning!
Meantime, prepare for all the awesome things you can do with Setapp.Read on