Office 2004 Per Mac Download
Office 2004 For Mac 11.6.0 Update Download
Download Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Entourage suite. Microsoft Office Word 2004 free. Download full 63 - DOWNLOAD ad3dc120ad Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Test Drive includes essential tools that can help you transform the way you create, share, and manage ideas and information using all four Office 2004 for MacMicrosoft Word Download. Collaborate for free with online versions of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote. Save documents, spreadsheets, and presentations online, in OneDrive. Share them with others and work.
The current Apache OpenOffice supports Apple OS X version 10.7 (Lion), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan) and macOS 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra), 10.14 (Mojave), 10.15 (Catalina).
The last OpenOffice version supporting Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard) is OpenOffice 4.0.1.
- CPU: Intel Processor
- Memory: Minimum 512 Mbytes RAM.
- Storage: At least 400 Mbytes available disk space for a default install via download.
- Graphics: 1024 x 768 or higher resolution with 16.7 million colours.
- Click here to download
- Click here to get install instructions for OpenOffice on macOS
- Click here to get help and support in the Community Support Forums
Screenshot of Microsoft Word 2004 on an Intel-based Mac in Mac OS X v10.4 'Tiger' through Rosetta
|Initial release||May 11, 2004; 16 years ago|
|Predecessor||Microsoft Office v. X|
|Successor||Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac|
|CPU||PowerPC G3 or higher|
|Operating system||Mac OS X v10.2.8 through v10.6.8|
|Free hard disk space||450 MB|
Office 2004 for Mac is a version of Microsoft Office developed for Mac OS X. It is equivalent to Office 2003 for Windows. The software was originally written for PowerPC Macs, so Macs with Intel CPUs must run the program under Mac OS X's Rosetta emulation layer. For this reason, it is not compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 and newer.
Office 2004 was replaced by its successor, Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac, which was developed as a universal binary to run natively on Intel Macs. However, Office 2008 did not include support for Visual Basic for Applications, which made Microsoft extend the support period of Office 2004 from October 13, 2009 to January 10, 2012. Microsoft ultimately shipped support for Visual Basic in Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac, which also dropped PowerPC support altogether. Support for Office 2004 ended January 10, 2012.
Download the trial version of LightWave 3D®. Want to try before you buy? Download the full version of LightWave and use it for 30 days, free. Read more about LightWave here. Getting Started Videos. For those new to LightWave, check out these getting started videos. Lightwave 3d free download - NewTek LightWave, Sweet Home 3D, Kid Pix Deluxe 3D, and many more programs. Newtek lightwave 3d. Description The 11.5 version of LightWave 3Dfor Mac is provided as a free download on our software library. The latest setup file that can be downloaded is 291.5 MB in size. This software for Mac OS X was originally produced by NewTek, Inc. LightWave 3D for Mac lies.
Office 2004 For Mac Download
Microsoft Office for Mac 2004 is available in three editions: Standard, Professional, and Student and Teacher. All three editions include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Entourage. The Professional Edition includes Virtual PC. The Student and Teacher Edition is not eligible for upgrade, which means if a later version of Office is installed, a full package license will be required.
Microsoft Word is a word processor which possesses a dominant market share in the word processor market. Its proprietary DOC format is considered a de facto standard, although its successive Windows version (Word 2007) uses a new XML-based format called .DOCX, but has the capability of saving and opening the old .DOC format.
The new Office Open XML format was built into the next version of Office for Mac (Office 2008). However, it is also supported on Office 2004 with the help of a free conversion tool available from Microsoft.
Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet program. Like Microsoft Word, it possesses a dominant market share. It was originally a competitor to the dominant Lotus 1-2-3, but it eventually outsold it and became the de facto standard for spreadsheet programs.
Microsoft Entourage is an email application. Its personal information management features include a calendar, address book, task list, note list, and project manager. With Entourage 2004, Microsoft began offering a Project Center, which allows the user to create and organize projects. Information may come from within Entourage or outside the program.
Microsoft PowerPoint is a popular presentation program used to create slideshows composed of text, graphics, movies and other objects, which can be displayed on-screen and navigated through by the presenter or printed out on transparencies or slides. It too possesses a dominant market share. Movies, videos, sounds and music, as well as wordart and autoshapes can be added to slideshows.
Included with Office 2004 for Mac Professional Edition, Microsoft Virtual PC is a hypervisor which emulates Microsoft Windowsoperating systems on Mac OS X which are PowerPC-based. Virtual PC does not work on Intel-based Macs and in August 2006, Microsoft announced it would not be ported to Intel-based Macintoshes, effectively discontinuing the product.
Images inserted into any Office 2004 application by using either cut and paste or drag and drop result in a file that does not display the inserted graphic when viewed on a Windows machine. Instead, the Windows user is told 'QuickTime and a TIFF (LZW) decompressor are needed to see this picture'. Peter Clark of Geek Boy's Blog presented one solution in December 2004. However, this issue persists in Office 2008.
There is no support for editing right to left and bidirectional languages (such as Arabic, Hebrew, Persian, etc.) in Office 2004. This issue has not been fixed in Office 2008 or 2011 either.
- ^'Download Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.6.6 Update'. Download Center. Microsoft. December 13, 2011. Archived from the original on July 5, 2012.
- ^ ab'Microsoft Support Lifecycle'. Support. Microsoft. Retrieved April 28, 2013.
- ^Tedesco, Mike (October 12, 2009). 'Office 2004 Mainstream Support Has Been Extended'. Mactopia. Microsoft. Archived from the original on October 17, 2009. Retrieved October 12, 2009.
- ^'MS11-072: Description of the Open XML File Format Converter for Mac 1.2.1: September 13, 2011'. Support. Microsoft. September 13, 2011.
- ^Clark, Peter (December 6, 2004). 'QuickTime and a TIFF (LZW) decompressor are needed to see this picture'. Geek Boy's Blog. Archived from the original on May 10, 2013. Retrieved October 12, 2009.Alt URL
- ^Heard, Chris (September 27, 2007). 'It's official: no RTL support in Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac'. Higgaion. Archived from the original on October 11, 2007. Retrieved October 12, 2009.
- ^Morgenstern, David (August 8, 2010). 'Microsoft boosts languages, proofing tools in Office 2011 for Mac, Unicode right-to-left support missing'. ZDNet. CBS Interactive. Retrieved April 27, 2013.