Mac Hide App From Dock
- How to Hide Recent Apps from Dock in macOS Mojave. By default, recent apps are turned on when you upgrade to macOS Mojave. It’s pretty straightforward to hide recent apps from Dock in macOS Mojave, follow the steps below: Open System Preferences, this can be seen by clicking on the small Apple icon on the top left corner of your screen.
- Alternatively, quit the app. Select and drag the app outside the dock. Wait for the Remove menu to appear, and let go. This article explains how to customize your Mac's Dock, both by changing the look and positioning of the dock itself and which icons appear on it. Instructions apply to Macs running OS X 10.7 (Lion) and later.
- Auto Hide Mac Dock
- Mac Hide App From Dock Mode
- Keep Dock Open On Mac
- Remove App From Dock Mac
- Mac Hide App From Dock Screen
While the Dock on Mac computers makes it really easy to open most used apps, some users want to hide the Dock while it is not being used. You will find below the steps to show and hide the Dock on your Mac.
How to quickly hide all apps with OSX’s Dock – The Graphic Mac How to quickly hide all apps with OSX’s Dock You can currently use Option+Command+Click on an icon in the Dock to bring that app to the front and hide all others. Using your mouse with scroll wheel to zoom in InDesign.
Show and Hide the Dock On Mac Computers
Most Mac users do not have any problem with the Dock being always visible at the bottom of the screen. However, some users find the Dock annoying, intrusive and taking up screen space. Hence, Apple has provided such users with the option to automatically Hide and Show the Dock on their Macs.
Once the option to Automatically Show/Hide the Dock is enabled on your Mac, it will automatically Hide the Dock when it is not being used and show the Dock whenever you position the mouse cursor over the bottom part of the screen.
In case you have changed the position of Dock on your Mac to the left or right side of the screen, you will have to place the mouse cursor over the left or right side of the screen to make the Dock show up on your Mac.
Automatically Show and Hide the Dock On Mac
Follow the steps below to enable the option to Automatically Show and Hide the Dock on your Mac.
1. Click on the Apple Icon from the top menu bar on your Mac and then click on the System Preferences option in the drop-down menu.
2. On the System Preferences screen, click on the Dock icon (See image below)
3. On the Dock Preferences screen, check the option for Automatically Hide and Show Dock (See image below)
From now on you will find the Dock on your Mac hidden while it is not being used. The Dock will Automatically Show up, whenever you place the mouse cursor near the bottom of the screen (where the Dock used to be).
At any time, you can disable the option to Show/Hide Dock automatically on your Mac by unchecking the option for Automatically Hide and Show the Dock.
Show and Hide the Dock On Mac using Dock Divider Line
Instead of going into the System Preferences, you can enable the option to Automatically Show and Hide the Dock on your Mac by right-clicking on the Dock Divider line.
1. Right-click on the Dock divider line to bring up a little menu and then click on the Turn Hiding On option (See image below).
You will find the Dock disappearing from the screen of your Mac. It will appear automatically, whenever you place the cursor of your Mouse anywhere near the bottom part of the Mac’s screen.
Hide and Show Dock Using Keyboard Shortcut
Another way to enable the option to Show/Hide the Dock automatically on your Mac is to use a simple keyboard shortcut.
1. Press the Command + Option + D keys at the same time on the keyboard of your Mac.
You will find the Dock disappearing from the screen of your Mac. To Make the Dock appear again, simply place the Cursor of your Mouse anywhere near the bottom part of the screen of your Mac.
Note: Press Windows key + Alt + D keys, in case you are using a Windows Keyboard on your Mac.
Stop Dock from Automatically Hiding and Showing
In case you do not like the idea of the Dock automatically Showing up and Hiding on your Mac, you can easily disable this option and go back to the Mac’s default setting.
Follow any of the steps below to disable the option to Show/Hide the Dock Automatically on your Mac.
1. Press Command + Option (Alt) + D keys on the keyboard of your Mac
2. Right-click on the dock divider line and then click on the Turn Hiding Off option in the Menu that appears.
Auto Hide Mac Dock
3. Uncheck the option for Automatically hide and show the dock by going into the System Preferences screen.
Hello friends, Today I will share a method on how to hide dock on Mac using a command and by editing setting. You can even set up automatically hide dock on Mac. Users can easily get rid of the dock from their macOS. This method will work on every Mac, and you dont need any external app.
The dock is a key part of Mac where apps and folders are present which we use frequently. The dock takes much space on our Macbook screen. However, users can increase or decrease the size of the dock on Mac. But still, several people dont like the dock at the bottom of their Mac as it takes a chunk of the display screen and makes it difficult for users to work. And in some cases, if we have fewer apps in the dock, then there is a space gap at the left and right side of the dock. This space gap almost destroys the user-experience while working on Mac.
How to Hide Dock on Mac Easily
There are several apps and software available on the internet and app store to hide dock on Mac. But I will share an inbuilt method. So you don’t need any external app or software. It is also an official method and you can trust it.
- On your Mac, click on the Apple icon, present at the top left side of the screen.
- Click on the System Preferences option.
- Next, click on the Dock icon.
- Tick the option titled “Automatically hide and show the Dock“.
- This will hide dock on Mac immediately.
If you will take your cursor to the bottom of the screen on your Mac. Then, you will be able to see the dock over there until the cursor is placed at the bottom of the screen.
Read more: How to Add Contacts on MacOS
How to Automatically Hide Dock on Mac using Shortcut Command
If you want to quickly hide dock on a mac using shortcut then there is a predefined keyboard shortcut available for that. It is obvious that there is no settings required, and no preinstalled apps are required for that. All you have to do is that press and hold the key combination of Option+Command+D keys together at once. This will hide and show the dock on Macbook immediately.
How to Keep Dock Visible on Mac
Maybe you have changed your mood and want to keep dock visible on Mac. Other than that, if you have purchased a second hand Mac and you found that the dock keeps hiding automatically in it. Then, you may need to keep the dock visible on Mac. All you have to do is that follow the method which I have described at the above para. Nothing else you have to do for the same.
Mac Hide App From Dock Mode
Read more: How to Backup iPhone to Mac
Keep Dock Open On Mac
How to Fix Mac Dock Disappeared
It may be possible that the dock on your Mac disappeared suddenly. This totally means that your Mac is in full-screen mode. Then, what you can do is that follow up method which I have explained to you about how you can hide dock on Macbook. You just have to untick the option of “Automatically hide and show the Dock“. However, if this didn’t help then you can contact the Apple Help Team.
Must Read: Where do Screenshots go on Mac?
This was all about how to hide dock on Mac. There may be more methods available for the same. But, I will recommend you to use this method only because this method uses an inbuilt option as I said earlier. I would also like to recommend you that you should not hide the dock on your Mac if you have sufficient size of your Mac screen. I downloaded microsoft office for mac where is it better. I hope this article has helped you a lot. Make sure you share this article with your friends and family members so that they can also learn the same.