How To Change My Password On Outlook For Mac
- How To Change My Password On Outlook For Mac Catalina
- How To Change My Password On Outlook For Mac Windows 10
- How To Recover My Outlook Password
- How To Change Password On Outlook For Mac
How to change/reset account password in Outlook?
Let’s say you have added a Gmail account in Outlook before. Now you change this Gmail account’s login password online, and you have to change this Gmail account’s password in Outlook accordingly for continually receiving and sending emails via it. On the other hand, you can also change the password about accessing Outlook data file of an email account in Outlook. This article provides ways to change both kinds of passwords in Outlook:
Go to the Outlookmenu in the menu bar and choose Preferences.
Type the password you want to use in the 'New Password' box; Type the password again in the 'Verify Password' box; DO NOT check the 'Save this password' option; Click OK on all three open screens; The next time you open Outlook, you will be prompted for the password you just set thus protecting access to your Outlook data. This video shows the steps to change your SMTP server password for Outlook version 15.24 for Mac after you change your Duck ID password. Here are the written. Thanks to the new simplified Account Setting dialog in Outlook, the password field and server settings are no longer accessible through the File, Account Settings dialog. While Outlook will ask you to enter the password on the next send and receive, you can use the Reset Mail Settings button in the bottom left of the dialog to reset the accou.
Change login password of Internet email account (Gmail) in Outlook
If you need to change the login password of an Internet email account in Outlook whose login password you have changed online already, please do as follows:
1. Click File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings to open the Account Settings dialog box.
2. In the Account Settings dialog box, please click to highlight the email account whose login password you will change, and then click the Change button. See screenshot:
3. In the Change Account dialog box, please clear the old password from the Password box, type the new login password into it, and click the Next button.
Note: If you do not want to test the login password and other email account settings, please uncheck the Automatically test account settings when Next is clicked option.
4. Now the Test Account Settings dialog box comes out. After testing completes, please click the Close button.
5. Click the Finish button to save the new password, and then close the Account Settings dialog box.
Tool for mac to split screen. Up to now, the specified email account’s login password has been changed in Outlook.
Automatically reply with the default email account in Outlook
In general, Outlook can identify the email account that the active email belongs to, and then reply with this email account automatically. However, with Kutools for Outlook's Always reply with default account option, no matter which email account the active email belongs to, it will be replied with the default email account in you Outlook. Click for 60-day free trial without limitation!
Change accessing password of an email account’s Outlook data file in Outlook
Sometimes, you may set a password to access one email account’s Outlook data file in Outlook. For changing this kind of accessing password in Outlook, please do as follows:
1. Shift to the Mail view, right click the email account in the Navigation pane, and then select the Data File Properties from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
How To Change My Password On Outlook For Mac Catalina
2. In the opening Properties dialog box, please click the Advanced button. See screenshot below.
3. Now you get into the Outlook Data File dialog box. Please click the Change Password button. See screenshot below:
4. In the popping up Change Password dialog box, please type the original password into the Old password box, and type the new password into both New password box and Verify password box. See screenshot above:
Note: It’s optional to check the Save this password in your password list option in the Change Password dialog box.
5. Click OK > OK > OK in the dialog boxes to save the new password.
So far the password for accessing Outlook data file of the specified email account has been changed.
Note: This method can only add or change accessing password to the Outlook data file of POP3 email accounts.
Kutools for Outlook - Brings 100 Advanced Features to Outlook, and Make Work Much Easier!
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features..
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features..
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject..
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All.. Quick Report, Count Selected Mails..
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts.. Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.I was searching for an article to change my outlook password and then I bumped into this article. I tried the same steps as shown in this article and guess what! it really worked out. This article has helped me a lot. I have gone through so many articles on the same topic but none of them worked out as this article did. The steps are written in a very simple language and it's very understandable. Its like Simple Article with Simple Words to help people. I really appreciate this article. Thanks for writing. Great job.
Did you forget your Microsoft Outlook password and need to view something urgently? Well, the bad news is Microsoft went to great lengths to make sure Outlook is really secure. Microsoft Outlook is equipped with various password protection features designed to halt unauthorized access to better protect your private data. If you need to break your own password so badly you're going to have to do it yourself because Microsoft and its support staff will not help you under any circumstances. They're legally not allowed to assist anyone with breaking passwords in their products.
However, there is some good news. While Microsoft can't help you with this, there are a number of tools out there that can help you view your password in Microsoft Outlook. There are several third-party tools, which can access data locked behind passwords in Outlook and we're going to look at some of them here. While researching the subject I came across several reliable apps like SysTools's Outlook PST Viewer Pro. What sets them apart from other PST file viewers is that they don't just view the items in a PST file, but they also allow you to export the information as a PDF file (or other file formats if you wish).
There are numerous apps designed for better Microsoft Outlook file management, but we'll take a look at three specific tools, which stand out from the rest - PstPassword, Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Password, and Kernel Outlook PST Password Recovery Tool.
Designed by Nirsoft, PstPassword is a powerful and free utility, which can automatically recover PST passwords for local data files. PstPassword will show three potential passwords due to the Outlook encryption bug. It doesn't matter which you select if it fails you have two more options. The best part about PstPassword is that you don't have to install it on your machine at all. All you have to do is download it. Note: because it's essentially a password harvesting tool your anti-virus may detect it as a malicious file. Keep that in mind if you intend to use PstPassword.
Kernel Outlook PST Password Recovery Tool
Our second option is the Kernel Outlook PST Password Recovery Tool. Unlike PstPassword, this app is somewhat limited. Its major limitation is the size of the PST file Kernel Outlook PST Password Recovery Tool can unlock. The tool will unlock PST files as big as 500MB for free. If you want to unlock a bigger file, however, you will have to pay 39 dollars for it, which isn't that much if your locked information is really vital.
The app can analyze PST files at an impressive speed. Once analyzed each PST file will be given a hash value you can use to enter. Even better, Kernel only uses a single password hash and if it fails the tool also has the ability to remove the password protection from the PST file entirely.
Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Password
How To Change My Password On Outlook For Mac Windows 10
Our third contender is Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Password. Recovery Toolbox costs less than Kernel Outlook PST Password Recovery Tool at $19 but it has more options than either of the previous two apps.
Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Password can:
- View passwords for PST data files.
- Recover and reset PST passwords.
- View, recover and reset some passwords for OST files.
As you can see, the big difference between the Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Password tool and the previous two tools is the ability to view and manipulate OST data files giving it an advantage over the other two. Still, it doesn't hurt to try the free versions first before buying the Recovery Toolbox.
How To Recover My Outlook Password
Reset your Microsoft Account password
There is another option that doesn't require third-party tools. Instead of trying to brute force your way through your Outlook's security you can reset your Microsoft account password instead. Because your Outlook.com password is also as your Microsoft account password resetting it will give you back access to your Microsoft Outlook account. Simply visit https://account.microsoft.com/security, press 'Change Password', and follow the instructions.
How To Change Password On Outlook For Mac
Naturally, there security measures in place to prevent someone else from resetting your account's password. You'll be asked to verify your identity with a security code. You can choose whether you want to receive the security code by email or phone. Microsoft will need you to verify your email address or your phone number. Do so and then hit the 'Send code' button. Once you receive the code, enter it and select 'Submit'.