Hauppauge Pvr 2 Capture Software
- Record HD video from a cable TV or satellite set top box. Includes WinTV v8 and an IR blaster, so you can schedule your TV recordings.
- Includes SPDIF optical audio input, for awesome sound in your recordings. Also supports 5.1 channel audio passthrough for use with home theater systems.
- Record your PC, Xbox One, Xbox360 or PS4 game play in HD
- With 'no delay pass through' at up to 1080p and HDMI out to your TV monitor.
- Now with personal logos and a built-in record button.
Hauppauge provides an easy to use PPA for Ubuntu, which supports most of our current TV tuners. Plus HD PVR 2, Colossus 2 and Raspberry Pi install instructions are available on our Linux support page. This video is a remake of one of our older videos with the new Arcsoft software that comes with the Hauppauge HD PVR 2. It will walk you through the settings.
HD PVR 2 model 1507 can record from systems with the following specs
- Cable TV or satellite box with Component video output. In some cases, HDMI from your cable or satellite box can also be recorded
- PC game system with HDMI out and support for 1080p60, 1080p50 or 720p video
- Game console: PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360 or Sony PS3 game console
System Requirements for recording
- Laptop or desktop PC with 3.0 GHz single core or 2.0 GHz multi-core processor
- Microsoft® Windows® 10, 8, 7 Vista or Windows XP Service Pack 3
- HD TV set with HDMI input
- Hardware encoder
- H.24 AVCHD high definition video encoder, with record resolution to 1080p30 from HDMI or from Component video
- No delay HDMI passthrough: HDMI in to HDMI out
- Recording datarate: from 1 to 13.5 Mbits/sec
- Recording formats: MP4 and TS
- Video down conversion from 1080p to 720p
- Input/output connections
- HDMI in, from HDMI sources without HDCP such as the Xbox 360, a PC (for PC screen capture) or the WiiU
- Component video in, with stereo audio. For cable/satellite set top boxes and the PS3
- Optical audio input connector (S/PDIF)
- IR blaster output to control the channel changing on your set top box
- S-Video and composite video in, with stereo audio (requires an optional cable)
- HDMI output
- Size: 6 in wide x 6 in deep x 1.5 in high
- Power: 6V at 1.6 amps
- Weight: .75lb / .34 kg / 12 oz
- HD PVR 2 high definition H.264 personal video recorder, USB 2.0
- 6V 1.6 amp power supply
- USB cable - 9 ft.
- HDMI cable
- IR blaster cable
- Component video able with Hauppauge A/V adapter cable to connect to your cable or satellite set top box
- WinTV v8 and Hauppauge Capture applications (download)
- Quick installation guide
Bundled software applications
Hauppauge Pvr 2 Capture Software Freeware
- Hauppauge Capture, with these features:
- Video capture for HD recording in three formats: TS, M2TS and MP4
- Trim your videos
- Upload videos to YouTube
- StreamEez, our video streaming software for Twich and Ustream
- Hauppauge’s Personal Logo inserter, to burn your logo into your recordings
- WinTV v8, for scheduled recordings from your cable or satellite set top box