Extract Ps3 Dat File
Settings > System Settings > Data Transfer Utility
You can now transfer (copy or move) data that is saved in the system storage of one PS3™ system to the system storage of another PS3™ system using an Ethernet cable.
Extract PS3 game extract on your computer desktop or any specific folder using WinRAR. Run extractor tool exe. But by the sound of it the PS3 file system on the hard drive has become corrupted. You may be able to repair it on the PS3 it came from. Maybe a safe mode menu option. WARNING: With safe mode menu options please make sure not to select an option that will format (wipe) or overwrite the data on the hard drive that you may want to recover.
- The copy time depends on the size of your PS3 hard drive. Tip: Sector-by-sector Copy will make the exact duplication of your PS3 or PS4 hard drive and you cannot change the partition size during this copying method. However, this method will copy all deleted, lost files or inaccessible data on the old hard drive to the new.
- Sony uses EDAT files to apply Digital Rights Management (DRM) protection to game and system data. The '.edat' extension is typically added to the existing file extension. For example, a.P3T theme file may use the '.p3t.edat' extension. Due to the encryption on EDAT files, they can only be opened by the Sony PSP.
- Without proper software you will receive a Windows message 'How do you want to open this file?' (Windows 10) or 'Windows cannot open this file' (Windows 7) or a similar Mac/iPhone/Android alert. If you cannot open your PS3 file correctly, try to right-click or long-press the file. Then click 'Open with' and choose an application.
- When you perform this operation, all data that is stored on the PS3™ system that will receive the data (the 'destination system”) will be deleted.
- Deleted data cannot be restored, so be careful not to accidentally delete important data. Data loss or corruption is the responsibility of the user.
- Some types of data may not be transferrable. Select here for details.
Preparing the systems to transfer data
Before starting the data transfer operation, you must perform the following steps.
Prepare the PS3™ system that will send the data (the 'source system').
- Create a Sony Entertainment Network account if a user does not have an account.
- - Select (PlayStation™Network) > (Sign Up), and then follow the on-screen instructions to create an account.
- Deactivate the PS3™ system if the data to be transferred contains content that was purchased from PlayStation®Store.
- - Select (PlayStation™Network) > (Account Management) > (System Activation).
- Back up, or 'sync', trophy information on the PS3™ system with the PSNSM server if you want to transfer trophy information.
- - Sign in to PSNSM, and then select (PlayStation™Network) > (Trophy Collection).
- Back up your profile information and stages you created in LittleBigPlanet™ to your saved game. You can then use the data that was backed up when playing LittleBigPlanet™ on the destination PS3™ system.
The following restrictions apply if you perform the data transfer operation without creating an account:
- You may not be able to use the saved data on the destination PS3™ system.
- You may no longer be able to earn trophies using the saved data that you transferred.
- Trophy information is not transferred.
Turn off both PS3™ systems, and then perform the following steps. If the transferred data is saved game data that is copy-prohibited or data that is copyright-protected, it will be moved to the destination PS3™ system and deleted from the source PS3™ system.
Connect the PS3™ systems to different video input connectors on the TV.
On the source PS3™ system, select (Settings) > (System Settings) > [Data Transfer Utility].
If you did not complete the preparation steps described earlier, follow the on-screen instructions to complete these steps.
On the destination PS3™ system, select (Settings) > (System Settings) > [Data Transfer Utility].