Dod Cac Reader Software For Mac
Just search for CAC on a Mac - 'Hopfner, P., 'CAC on a Mac: Setting up a DOD Common Access Card Reader on the Macintosh OS X Operating System', NPS-06-009, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, California, March 2006'. Then the instructions in the previous emails will work. App reads my Smartcard (DoD CAC) with no issues. This is a wonderful tool and has been very helpful in using my CAC with the native Smartcard support again builtin to MacOS. It is very helpful to know the remaining pin attempts and to be able to see the details of the certificates on my CAC. Keep up the great work twocanoes!!
- Ensure your CAC reader works with Mac
- Check to ensure your Mac accepts the reader
- Check your Mac OS version
- Check your CAC’s version
- Update your DOD certificates
- Guidance for Firefox Users
- Look at graphs to see which CAC enabler to use
USB 3.0 Smart Card Reader, Rocketek DOD Military USB Common Access CAC Memory Card Reader compatible with Windows, Mac OS X-Build in SDHC/SDXC/SD Card Reader & Micro SD Card Reader for SIM, MMC RS&4.0 4.4 out of 5 stars 108 $14.99$14.99 Save 5% with coupon.
Step 1: Purchase a Mac Friendly CAC Reader
Purchase a CAC reader that works for your Mac. There are only a couple that you can choose from and I’ve listed them below.
If you already have a CAC reader and it isn’t Mac friendly, you could update the firmware, however, for the non-tech savvy people out there, it’s probably better to just purchase a new one and save the headache – they’re only ~$11-13 dollars.
Best Mac Compatible CAC USB Readers
Best Mac Compatible CAC Desk Readers
Step 2: Plug in and Ensure It’s Accepted
Once you have your CAC reader, plug it into your Mac and ensure your computer recognizes it. If you have one of the CAC readers we suggested above, then you should be good to go.
If you are testing a different version, then verify that your Mac accepts your CAC reader by following these steps.
If for some reason your CAC reader isn’t working, then try the following steps.
Military Cac Reader For Mac
Step 3: Update Your DOD Certificates
Now that you have your CAC reader connected and accepted on your Mac computer, it’s time to ensure you have the right certificates in order to access DOD CAC required web pages.
If you are using Chrome or Safari, then follow step 3a below. If you are using Firefox, you’ll need to do some extra steps:
- Type ⇧⌘U (Shift + Command + U) to access your Utilities
- Find and Double click “Keychain Access”
- Select “Login” and “All Items”
- Download the following four files and double click each once downloaded so as to install in your Keychain Access.
- When you double-click the Mac Root Cert 3 and 4, you’ll need to tell your browser to always trust them. Click the button like you see below:
Additional Steps for Firefox
- Download All Certs zip and double click to unzip all 39 files
- While in Firefox, click “Firefox” on the top left, then “Preferences”
- Then Click “Advanced” > “Certificates” > “View Certificates”
- Then Click “Authorities” and then “Import”
- Import each file individually from the “AllCerts” folder. When you do this, the below box will popup. Check all three boxes and click “OK”
Step 4: Download and install CAC Enabler
- Download zip
- Double click the .zip file
- Because this is from an unidentified developer, you’ll need to hold down “Control” and click the program. Now select open and continue with install procedure.
- After installing, restart your computer
CAC Access at Home Success
Now that you have a CAC reader, certificates, and a CAC Enabler, you should now be able to access any CAC-enabled website and log on using your CAC password and data.
Common Reasons Why Your CAC Card Won’t Work On Your Mac
Dod Cac Reader Software For Mac Osx
Ensure Your CAC Card Meets the Standards: In order for your CAC card to work, it must meet the minimal requirements. Currently, there are only four types of CAC cards that can be used. The ensure you have the right CAC card for online access, flip your CAC card to the back and if you have one of the below numbers written on the top left, then you are good to go:
- G&D FIPS 201 SCE 3.2
- Oberthur ID one 128 v5.5 Dual
- GEMALTO DLGX4-A 144
- GEMALTO TOP DL GX4 144
If you do not have any of the above written on the back, then proceed to your nearest PSD to get a new CAC card issued. Deer hunter 2005 pc.
Smartcard Services Installation Instructions for Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), and 10.9 (Mavericks)
Dod Cac Reader Software For Macbook Pro
- Download the installer for your version of OS X from the Installers section of http://smartcardservices.macosforge.org/trac/wiki/installers.
- Unzip the installer.
- Launch the unzipped (.pkg) installer.
- Click Continue through the Introduction section.
- Click Continue through the Read Me section.
- On the Destination Select screen, select Install for all users of this computer and click Continue.
- Click Continue and then click Install on the Installation Type screen.
- Enter your password and click Install Software to complete the installation.
- Click Close to close the installer.
Installation Instructions for Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and Below
The Smartcard Services software is already included in OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and below. However, the SystemCACertificates Keychain may still need to be loaded into Keychain Access. To ensure this has been done, please follow these instructions:
Dod Cac Reader Set Up
- Navigate in Finder to Go > Utilities and launch Keychain Access.app.
- If the SystemCACertificates keychain is loaded in Keychain Access, disregard steps 3 through 5.
- From Keychain Access go to File > Add Keychain.
- Select Hard Disk from the drop-down menu and navigate to System > Library > Keychains > SystemCACertificates.keychain. Select Add.