Change Download Destination On Mac
The Safari Preferences dialog opens. 2 Click the General tab; then click the Save Downloaded Files To pop-up menu and choose Other. A file navigation dialog will open. 3 Navigate to and select the location where you want the files stored and click Select. This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Apple can therefore provide no guarantee as to the.
By default, the files that you receive via the Messages App are downloaded and saved to the Downloads Folder on Mac. However, you can easily change the download location for Messages App on Mac to any other Folder or Location of your choice.
Change Download Location For Messages App on Mac
As mentioned above, the default Folder for all the downloaded files to your Mac is the Downloads Folder. This arrangement works well for many users who do not mind having all the downloaded files being saved to the default Downloads Folder on Mac.
However, there are many users who receive work and business related documents via the Messages App and do not want these important documents to end up in the Downloads Folder along with tons of other downloaded files, documents and images.
If this is true in your case, then you can create a dedicated Folder for iMessage downloads on your Mac and Change Download Location for Messages App on Mac to this dedicated Folder. In case required, you can even Change the Download Location For Messages App on your Mac to Dropbox or iCloud Drive.
So, let us go ahead and take a look at the actual steps to Change Downloads Location for Messages App on Mac.
Change Download Location for Messages App On Mac
Follow the steps below to Change Download Location for Messages App on Mac.
1. Open the Messages App on your Mac.
2. Next, click on the Messages tab in the top Menu bar of your Mac and then click on Preferences option in the drop-down menu.
3. On the next screen, make sure you are in General tab and then click on the down arrow icon next to “Save received files to” option. From the little drop-down menu that appears click on Other… (See image below)
Yify 365 dni (2020) watch online free. 4. On the next screen, click on the Location and the Folder Name to which you want the messages App to download files to (See image below).
Change Download Location Mac App Store
As you can see in the image above, we have selected a Folder named as WorkFolder located on the Desktop of the Mac to be the New Download Location for Messages App on Mac.
This setup allows us to easily access downloaded files and deal with them, as required. You can choose whatever suits your own unique requirements.
The 'default directory' is the directory into which Vuze will automatically place the downloaded data files when a new torrent is opened.
By default, Vuze generates the value for the default directory option at initial setup. The value will be the subdirectory 'Vuze Downloads' placed into your OS user profile home directory.
- In Windows Vista and 7 that usually corresponds to C:Users<YourUsername>DocumentsVuze Downloads
- In Windows XP it usually corresponds to C:Documents and Settings<YourUsername>My documentsVuze Downloads
- Note: leaving that directory inside your Windows user profile may lead into a growing Windows user profile, and that may cause trouble especially in a corporate environment. Consider manually creating a new directory outside your user profile, e.g. C:VuzeDownloads.
However, if you have downloaded nothing yet or the default settings have got deleted for some other reason, and the setting is now empty, it may cause trouble for you in certain circumstances.
As the Web UI (Swing or HTML) opens torrents remotely, this configuration value must be specified in order for the 'server' side to be able to open the torrent.Normal GUI Interface
- Go to Tools -> Options -> Files and set the 'Default directory' option.
- Also check the option 'Automatically download to default directory'
- set 'Use default data dir' true bool
- set 'Default save path' '/path/to/use' string
Read the Azureus FAQ